Crew D Visa

Crew members that work on an airline or sea vessel in the US require a Crew D visa whilst working. For example, pilots, or flight attendants on a commercial plane, or a captain, engineer or deckhand on a sea vessel would require a D visa. It also applies to cruise ship crew members such as kitchen staff, waiters, lifeguard, hairdressers and beauticians providing services on the cruise ship.
If you are a crewmember of an airline or vessel and you need to travel through the US to board the aircraft or vessel then you will require a combined C1/D visa. The C-1 visa is for transiting through the US whilst the D visa is for crewmembers working onboard a plane or vessel in the US.
For crew members of a private yacht that sails from a foreign port into US water for a period of longer than 29 days, a B-1 visa is required. The D visa and C-1/D visa only allows a stay in the US for up to 29 days. There are a lot of restrictions around what you are allowed to do whilst in the US, for example you must only work for the company that you were working for when you applied for the visa and you are not allowed to apply for a change in status or for a Green Card.

Requirements and application process

The F-1 student visa is available for international students that are studying language training programs or academic studies in the US. The F-1 visa includes students attending public secondary school through to university studies.
Where the application is for a public secondary school, the F-1 visa will only be for one year and the school must be reimbursed with the cost of attendance.

How to apply for a Crew D visa

To apply for a Crew D visa you will need to complete a Non-immigrant Visa Application Form (DS-160). You will need to provide your personal information, such as name, address, DOB, place of birth as well as passport details. You will also include the reason for applying for a Crew D visa, detailing where the boat or plane will be travelling to and through.
There is a section that must be completed that covers a set of security questions and details about previous visits to the US. Once you have submitted the DS-160 form the next step is to arrange your appointment with the US Embassy in your home country so that you can be interviewed. The information that you provide both in your DS-160 form and your interview, as well as checks from the Embassy will determine whether they will issue you with a Crew D visa.
Applicants with a criminal record will often be declined for visas for the US, including for a Crew D visa. The US Embassy will also make financial checks to ensure that the crew member is able to cover their travel expenses throughout their time in the US, unless a US sponsor is paying those expenses.

Other Visas

Transit C-1 Visa

The C-1 Transit visa is for foreign persons travelling in continuous transit through the US on the way to another country. C-1 visas are stipulated to be for ‘immediate and continuous’ transit through the US, which includes a layover in the US on the way to your final destination but there are no other privileges.

Read More..

J-1 Visa

Anyone visiting the US that is a foreign national must first obtain the relevant visa to allow them to enter the country. There is a wide range of different visa types that cover a variety of reasons for entering the US, including student visas F-1,M-1 and J-1.

Read More..

H-3 Visa for the USA

The H-3 visa is intended for people that are foreign nationals looking to receive training in the US. This essentially allows companies to provide training in the US where the employee cannot get that training elsewhere. There are a number of different types of training that come under the eligibility for a H3 visa.

Read More..