Can a third party fill out my ESTA application for me?
Yes, a third party can
fill out your ESTA form
for you, as it is not compulsory for the person
whose name appears on the form to complete the form themselves. It is acceptable for a third
party such as a friend, parent, partner or travel agent to fill out all or part of the form on
There are a number of reasons that someone may ask another person to complete their ESTA on their
behalf, for example parents filling in an ESTA for their children, or someone with a visual
impairment may ask for someone to complete the form on their behalf. Anyone can nominate someone
to complete an ESTA on their behalf, as long as the following is adhered to:
- The person filling in the form must read out all of the questions and statements to the
person whose name is being written on the form.
- The person completing the form must also fill out the ‘Waiver of Rights’ section to
- the form has been read out to the ESTA applicant
- the applicant understands the statements and questions
- all information completed is correct to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the information that they provide is
accurate and that the person nominated to complete their ESTA application is trustworthy.
This helps to prevent mistakes on the application but it also minimizes the risk of identity theft,
credit card theft and other scams such as distribution of malware.
If you require any help with your ESTA form, you can use our online chat facility or read through
the remainder of the FAQs for answers to frequent queries.