Can I fix a mistake on my ESTA application?

Prior to payment, you can amend all the details in your application. Once you have paid and submitted your ESTA application, there are some mistakes that you can amend but the majority will require for you to submit a completely new application.
You must submit a new application for any of the listed mistakes:
  • First (given) name
  • Last (family) name
  • Gender - at present, only male or female are available. If neither of these are applicable to you, pick the one you would otherwise feel most comfortable with
  • City of birth
  • Country of birth
  • Country of citizenship
  • Country of residence
  • Country passport was issued
  • Birth date
  • Passport number
  • Passport expiry date
  • Passport issue date
Any wrong information about passport documents, biographical information, or any questions relating to your eligibility to travel to the U.S. will require you to fill out an entirely new application. This is because these details will be used to determine the acceptability of your application.

Related FAQs

What is the difference between ESTA and the US visa?

The US visa system has been in place as far back as 1924 for any non-citizen to visit the US. Since then, the system has developed to help control the criteria for immigration to the US and to protect the US workforce...

Read More..

Who can access the data on my ESTA application?

Generally, your application and information are only accessed by government officials on a "need to know" basis. The information on your ESTA application is stored by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and they control the database with any information collected by applications.

Read More..

Can a third party fill out my ESTA application for me?

Yes, a third party can fill out your ESTA form for you, as it is not compulsory for the person whose name appears on the form to complete the form themselves. It is acceptable for a third party such as a friend, parent, partner or travel agent to fill out all or part of the form on your behalf.

Read More..