What if my information has changed since applying for ESTA?

You might be able to edit the information on your ESTA form depending on what the change is and also depending on whether you have submitted and paid for your application. Before payment, you can amend all of the details within the application, but after payment has been made and the application has been submitted, you can only edit non-biographical information, such as your:
  • email address
  • phone number
  • flight details
  • city of embarkation
  • address you’re going to be at in the United States (if you are going to different places in the U.S., just make sure you write the first address you will be staying at).
Therefore, if your contact details or your itinerary change, you will be able to edit the relevant details on your application by retrieving your application on the ESTA website. Click here more information on this process.
If you change your name due to marriage, divorce or other legal proceedings then you will need to apply for a new ESTA. You will also need to apply for a new ESTA if you change your gender - the ESTA application does not yet have an X option for gender, so you currently need to choose the gender listed on your passport. If you do not have a gender specified on your passport then it is advised to choose which gender you feel more comfortable with when applying for your ESTA.
If other details are changed, such as the issuing of a new passport, change of country of citizenship, or if your personal status or circumstances change, you will need to apply for a new ESTA with any new information you may have. As with any other new ESTA application, you will need to pay a new fee to submit the new application.
If your personal circumstances have changed since your original application - for example, you may have received a conviction, or you may have contracted a contagious disease - you may have to get a visa to travel to the United States. Even though you may need to get a visa, you should still apply for the ESTA again with this information, if your application is denied then you will need to get a B1 or B2 visa to enter the United States.

Related FAQs

Can children fly with ESTA?

If a child is the citizen of a country that is part of the Visa Waiver Program then they will require a valid ESTA to travel to the United States. This applies to children of all ages, including infants, in the exact same way that adults require an ESTA for permission to enter the US.

Read More..

How secure is my data?

The ESTA websiteoperates under the rules and regulations that are outlined in the United States Privacy Act insure the privacy of your information. In fact, the U.S. Code § 552a - Records maintained on individuals states the following regarding the conditions of disclosure: No agency shall disclose any record which is contained in a...

Read More..

Why isn’t my ESTA valid for 2 years?

If you have obtained your ESTA authorisation, but your passport is due to expire before the end of the 2-year validity period, then your ESTA will expire automatically with the expiration of your passport.

Read More..